Homesteps Offer Process
HomeSteps Offer Process | HomeSteps Offer Submission Checklist | HomeSteps Offer Process FAQ | Freddie Mac First Look Initiative | HomeSteps Promotions
HomeSteps Offer Process
****Please Read Carefully Before Submitting an Offer****
When submitting an offer you will need the following...
- Standard North Carolina Offer to Purchase and Contract
- HomeSteps Addendum #1 To Contract of Sale
- HomeSteps Real Estate Disclosure and Release
- Buyers Pre Approval Letter or Proof of Funds for cash purchases
- (when applicable) HomeSteps Disclosure of Information on Lead-Based Paint and/or Lead-Based Paint Hazards Risk Assessment or Inspection Contingency
- (when applicable) HomeSteps Manufactured Home Addendum
WE MUST HAVE ALL OF THE ABOVE BEFORE WE CAN PRESENT THE OFFER TO HOMESTEPS
All required Addendum's and Disclosures for a specific property will be attached to the listing in the MLS
Click Here for a Sample Addendum #1
Writing, Presenting and Negotiating the Offer:
- All offers must be in writing
- Seller should appear as: Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation or Freddie Mac/HomeSteps
- IMPORTANT: HomeSteps will not accept DUE DILIGENCE FEE or Agree to DUE DILIGENCE PERIOD
- The Due Diligence FEE field should be marked N/A
- The Due Diligence PERIOD field should be marked N/A
- HomeSteps Addendum #1 Section #9 Allows for a 10 day inspection period
- In the event any provision of HomeSteps Addendum #1 conflicts in whole or in part with the terms of the NC Offer To Purchase , the provisions of the HomeSteps Addendum #1 supersede the NC offer to Purchase.
- Earnest Money Check (No Personal Checks ). - Cashiers Check should be made out to RE/MAX of Greensboro
- HomeSteps typically will not consider contingency offers such as...
- Contingent on sale of the buyer’s current residence.
- Contingent on close of the buyer’s current residence.
- Inspection must be completed within 10 days from execution (seller's acceptance date)
- We submit offers to HomeSteps via a computer submission form and all items on the Addendum #1 are required
- Ongoing negotiations and terms will be via email to ensure documented communications.
- Please advise your buyer(s) that negotiations may move a little slower than normal.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to call: Michael Jones at (336) 750-6453 or (336) 346-1280
To Submit Your Offer
Please scan and email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax the offer to (336) 441-4025
IMPORTANT: All replies and correspondence will be via email from email addresses at thebennettgroup.com or remaxofgreensboro.com, so make sure you add those domains to your email programs safe sender list.
When offer has been negotiated and accepted by both parties:
- The offer will still have to receive a final approval HomeSteps and/or the mortgage insurance company. That may take up to 72 Hours.
- Once we receive final approval we will send you the final addendum's pre-filled with agreed upon terms so you can write the final contract with your buyer(s).
- The signed contract and earnest money must be to our office as soon as possible.
- We have to get the contract to the HomeSteps legal representative in Charlotte within 48 Hours.
- Only ONE COPY of the final contract is needed.. HomeSteps will have their legal representatives in Charlotte review and sign the contracts. They will only sign one copy.
- Once we receive the signed copy back from HomeSteps we will send you a copy via email.